The instructions below only work for dolls made from TPE material (not silicone). If you have a TPE doll with a Silicone head, the tips below apply only to the maintenance of her TPE body. If you want to see a guide for a silicone doll, click here.
You will need:
The First Day is very important
- Wash her using Soap & Water mixture to completely remove the production residue. The production residue, if not washed away, can, overtime, make the skin of the doll gradually turn black.
- Use microfiber cloths to apply soap and water and rub her very gently to remove residue (don’t be rough!). Repeat the procedure 5-6 times to make sure production residue is completely cleaned off.
- It’s is not needed to carry her to the bathroom. Place one thick or few thinner blankets on the floor to absorb the water, and lay her on top of the blankets when cleaning.
- Once she is washed, apply baby oil to the whole of her body and allow it to absorb overnight. The next day, if she feels sticky, powder all of her with baby powder and the preemptive cleaning of her is done.
- If your doll has hyper-realism painting, she is washed beforehand. Skip washing her with soap & water as that would wash her hyper-realism painting off.
TPE Skin care
- Apply Nivea Body Lotion weekly to the delicate areas of your doll (elbows, knees, armpits, pubic area). Allow the cream to absorb for 6 hours.
- To restore the doll’s skin to a brand new condition, we recommend monthly baby-oil or Vaseline treatment. Treatment: Cover the whole body with baby-oil and allow it to absorb for 30-60 minutes (if using Vaseline, let it absorb over night). This will rejuvenate her skin and natural oils that are found in TPE.
- After some time, the skin of your doll might get sticky to the touch. To avoid this, use a large “powder make-up brush” to powder her skin a little bit with Baby Powder/corn starch or cornflour.
- Black staining that is appearing on the doll gradually and which is not caused by clothing may be caused by the production residue. Please make sure to wash her thoroughly using soap & water once she arrives to her new home. (wash her several times just to be safe!)
- Be careful of different materials containing dyes, inks because they can transfer color to the skin of your doll. Avoid things like: newspapers, dark-colored or leather materials containing oil-soluble pigments.
- Always pre-wash new clothing before putting them on your doll to avoid staining. Unwashed black clothing can stain the doll even if left on for less than 5 minutes!
- Black clothing might stain even after throwing them into a washing machine. After washing the black clothes and putting them on the girl, please regularly check if the clothing, when put on her, is staining her or not.
- If the girl got stained, please remove the cause of the staining as soon as possible. TPE has a natural ability to fade the stains away overtime until they completely disappear.
- If the staining is really bad, please use an acne cream but make sure it contains contains Benzoyl Peroxide. Simply apply the cream and leave it on for around 60 minutes. After the time has passed, wipe the troubled areas down and check if the stains got removed. Lightly stained areas should be fixed immediately, however, heavily stained areas might require to perform the procedure again.
- Always use a water based lubricant before having intercourse. This not only makes the act more fun but also prevents the doll’s skin from sticking and tearing.
- TPE really likes Vaseline (100% Pure Petroleum Jelly). Vaseline replenishes the natural oils that are found inside of the TPE and protects it from tearing by making the TPE regain elasticity.
- Delicate areas like joints, particularly – armpits or areas where thumbs and hands meet would also benefit greatly from regular Vaseline treatment.
TPE Vagina, Oral and Anal care
- Weekly application of Vaseline to the vagina, mouth and anus is recommended.
- Vaseline fights mold by repelling moisture. It also makes the orifices easier to clean and faster to completely dry out. Apply Vaseline inside all the orifices and let it absorb overnight.
- Your sex doll’s orifices should be cleaned thoroughly after every use in the bedroom, shower or bath using a mild antimicrobial soap.
TPE Posing & Storage
- Do not leave your doll posing while you are away, as the stress placed on the TPE, after a longer time, may cause tearing. If you’re not using her, return her back to neutral position, with her arms down her sides and her legs closed.
- Keep her out of direct sunlight.
- TPE is soft and may be subject to flattening and creasing if left sitting or laying in one position on a hard surface for a long time. Make sure the doll is laying on a soft surface (the softer the better) to avoid flattening and creasing. Another solution is to hang her up using a closet bar hook or suspension kit.
- Never drag a doll by her hands or feet. Always use a “bear hug” or “arms carry” technique to safely move your doll around.
Bathing your Sex Doll
Bathing your doll is important. Here are some quick tips on how to do it and when:
- For the first cleaning operation, a good way to clean her is with microfiber cloth together with soap and water.
- For further washes, soap and water cleaning can be replaced by baby oil. Even though, baby oil is used as rejuvenator, it is also a very good TPE cleaner. Use microfiber cloth to apply baby oil and rub her very gently to remove residue and dirt. (again, don’t be rough!)
- Don’t submerge your dolls underwater!
- Only dolls with non-standing feet can take a shower, however, make sure not to allow any water to go on her head or her neck seam.
- Do not build water pressure in any of her orifices as this might damage them.
TPE Drying tips:
- When drying your doll, try to avoid rubbing her with a towel. A good technique would be to pat her with the towel until she’s dry.
- Don’t use a hair dryer or any other strong heat source to dry off your doll, because the immense heat may melt the TPE material.
- Make sure to dry the doll’s orifices completely to avoid humidity. A great way to do this would be lay the doll on her back, spread her legs, so that the vagina spreads as well (missionary position), and place a small ventilator fan that blows into her wet orifices to dry them out.
If you want to store a sex doll, here are some steps you can follow:
Clean the doll thoroughly: Before storing the doll, it is important to clean it thoroughly to prevent any mold or bacteria growth. You can use a mild soap and warm water to clean the doll. Make sure to dry it completely before storing it.
Remove any removable parts: If your doll has any removable parts, such as a wig or clothing, remove them and store them separately.
Apply talcum powder: To keep the doll’s skin soft and prevent it from sticking to itself, you can apply talcum powder to the doll’s body. Be sure to use a non-scented powder.
Store in a cool, dry place: Store the doll in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. A closet or a storage box under your bed are good options.
Consider using a stand or support: If you have a larger doll, consider using a stand or support to help it maintain its shape while in storage.
Use a cover: To protect the doll from dust and other debris, consider using a cover or wrapping it in a clean cloth before storing it.
It is important to note that sex dolls require proper maintenance to ensure their longevity. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance to keep your doll in good condition.
- Protect her eyelashes. They are very delicate and can come off. If they come off, it’s safe to use regular super glue to carefully glue them back on.
- Please do not apply excessive force to her hands and fingers. Especially, please make sure excessive force doesn’t get applied to the areas where her hands meet her thumbs.
- If a particular limb is stiffer than the others, please flex the stiff joint as much as it is needed to loosen it up to the level of others joints.
- Don’t use alcohol or products that have alcohol as an ingredient (perfume usually has it). Instead, go for alcohol free alternatives.
- Only use recommended products to take care of your doll to avoid damaging her.
We hope you found this information useful and we wish you and your doll to have a relationship that is going to last forever!
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at [email protected] or message us using the live chat widget on the bottom right of the website.
2 thoughts on “How to take care of your TPE doll? (2023 update)”
It is my understanding that WM has a new Platinum TPE formulation that does not require the typical ‘Roman Bath’ monthly cleaning. Is this correct? If so, how can I tell if a particular doll that you have listed from WM is made from Platinum TPE?
Thank you dearly for your question!
I had to confirm with WM workers to answer this questions 100% accurately.
According to WM, platinum TPE was an option many years ago. However, currently, absolutely all of the WM dolls listed on our site are made out of platinum TPE.
If you have any questions or concerns, whatsoever, please let me know! It’s a pleasure for me to be able to help!